right now i’m loving …
* the fabric i just got. thanks to a really sweet friend who’s husband was stationed in korea. she sent it to me just before they left korea, another friend passed it along within germany and i saved a lot of money that way. i can’t thank them enough and i can’t wait to actually have time and do something with it! :)
* my new purse. i found it for a great price [just around 20 euros] at tk maxx and i love it. i usually don’t like shoulder-bags but this one’s comfortable with the handles long enought to “fit” me and not slide down all the time.
* this DIY on freckled nest. when my uncle passed away in december my brother, sister and i went to the house and took some “memorabilia” from our childhood. besides other things i also took tons (!) of buttons, yarn, pins, needles and other sewing-supplies from my great-aunt [who passed away a few years ago]. among those things was also a small wooden embroidery hoop that i had just packed thinking i might use it for something one day. now, this seems like the perfect way to use the frame and a bunch of buttons to always remember my great-aunt and the rest of the family.
* how much better speedy is doing. not only is her UTI completely gone but she loves her new drinking fountain, her fur is super-silky again and she’s a lot more cuddly. it’s almost like she’s grateful for us helping her feel better. at first i was gonna go with the special food the vet suggested but then C’s sister sent me a long and very informative mail about how to properly feed a cat [here's a great link] and i immediately cancelled the royal canine order i had placed. i did some research myself after that for high proteine, low/no carb, high moisture cat foods and we’re in the trial phase of what missy likes right now. overall she’s not too picky and i’ve found some brands that won’t completely ruin me :) i’m just happy missy is feeling better. after all, her 18th b-day is this month ;)
* my new car. it’s an opel astra and looks like this. i still haven’t gotten around to taking pictures but at least you kinda know what i’m talking about. i love it. so much. it’s tough to get on the bike in the morning to go to work because i’d much rather drive with the sunroof open :) the first couple of days of driving it, i kept checking if the motor’s still running because it’s so much more quiet that the old car. love. also, my sister and her husband bought emma, so i still get to see her and i know they love her which made saying goodbye much easier ;)
and like every thursday, i’m loving the fact that the weekend is just around the corner. the weather is supposed to be great again and i think i’m gonna go and get flowers for the balcony… have a great day and weekend everyone! xo